GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- The applicant must have the intellectual property right and/or legitimate right over the ICT product/service mentioned in the application. The applicant shall disclose disputes any place over the world over intellectual property right about the applicant’s ICT product/service, if any, for the Organiser to consider eligibility of the application.
- The application must be submitted by locally registered entities or residents in Hong Kong.
- A significant part of the innovation, design, research and development (R&D) of the mentioned ICT product/service must come from resources in Hong Kong. The applicant should demonstrate significant value-add by the Hong Kong resources contributing to the success of the ICT product/service in the target market.
- With the exception of the categories/streams involving R&D and/or students, the mentioned ICT product/service should have been launched in the market and in operation. For Best ICT Start-up Award category, the “launched and in operation” eligibility criteria shall be at least 3 months for products and services already in the market.
- The same application is only allowed to be submitted to a maximum of ONE award stream among all the award categories (except the Best ICT Startup Award which is company based). Any application found to have entered into more than one award stream will be disqualified (except for those products, solutions, services mentioned in the application of the Best ICT Startup Award for the purpose of competing in that company-based award).
- Winning entries of the Gold/Silver/Bronze award in previous years of the HKICT Awards can enter the Awards again, only if there is significant change or enhancement in the product/service, or for a new award category.